Tuesday, October 02, 2007

uncle.

I'm about to put my ring tone "Take This Job and Shove It" back on my cell phone to channel my utter disgust with nursing at present.

Work this week needs to die bitch, die.

For one: I do not endorse open heart surgery on heroin abusers. Especially heroin abusers without medical insurance.

There were about one hundred other very tedious, unpleasant, ridiculous things about work this week which are too tedious, unpleasant, and ridiculous to account for here. Things, incidently, that make heroin-abusers look like candidates for the Miss America Pagent.

I am bone weary tired, and working some insane schedule from hell on top of it.

I feel like Tom Hanks's character looks when he goes to work in that scene from Joe Vs. The Volcano.

And, all annoying patients and their family members can proceed directly to hell as far as I'm concerned. Do not pass the nursing station, do not collect free legal narcotics.

And, you know it's been a rough week when you liked the alcoholic patient in withdrawal better than the heroin addict, but you still have yet to meet the other heroin addict on the floor. Plus, you're taking care of your second massively huge bipolar guy in two weeks, and a developmental delayed guy who spent the better part of the shift constantly on the call bell, screaming down the hallway for "his nurse." Which, unfortunately, was me.

I feel like work has become some cross-over, hybrid show: Cardiac Fecal Pouch, meet Psych Issues Douche Bag... Psych Issue Douche Bag, meet Cardiac Fecal Pouch.

There, glad we got those introductions out of the way.


No comments: