Saturday, December 29, 2007

christmas comes but once a year. (thank G-d).

So as not to offend Ye People of Good Cheer and Good Will and all that crap, obligatory Christmas Dinner Party pictures (of my friend Nancy, and her people, plus me, Obligatory Oliver Twist):

First, Ye Obligatory Photo of Ye Olde-Fashioned Turkey Carvingl:


Next, we shall move on to Ye Obligatory Photo Of Ye Impossibly Cute Little Grannies Chatting It Up:


(Aren't they just so cute you could plotz? Or whatever kanji symbol represents the Japanese equivalent of plotz?)

Where there be turkey, fiat crustula: (Hey, dudes, don't diss my Latin, okay? I know if I were all sexy pimpin' Latin Goddess, I'd translate the whole sentence to flumox and bedazzle all--okay, some--but it's been like what, six long years since Latin I and II? I'm surprised I remembered the subjunctive, or that crustula = cookie, especially at 1 a.m. in the morning):


So, fine: Where there be turkey, let there be pie. (Cookie was as close to pie as I could remember from my Wheelock's vocabulary list).

So much for ironically dumb attempts at cleverness.

Moving along, then, to more Wholesome Family Time:


Can you stand a little more, folks? (Don't worry, we'll soon return to our regularly scheduled program of Jamie Bitching About Her Stupid Job next week!)



Phew! I've exhausted myself with all this posting of memories of happiness and good cooking.

Hope all enjoyed.


No comments: