Thursday, June 22, 2006

Failure to Thrive

Okay, I'm not sure God isn't going to strike me down (or give me a really crappy assignment when I go back to work this weekend) for that last post, but just in case, let's bless our rosary beads and kiss our St. Judas Patron of Lost Causes medallions, yes?

So I bought that book Because I Couldn't Wait Two Weeks for amazon.com's super saver shipping (say that three times fast with a spoon up your nose, I dare you) even though I could have had two books for the price of one.

Whatever.

Next on the list: I must grouse about this newly found appetite thing. The way my body is reacting reminds me of how the Allies, when they found starving concentration camp prisoners, immediately gave them all of their rations, including chocolate. Naturally, it was too rich for the dying concentration camp prisoners, and their bodies were too weak to handle it, so it ended up killing them faster.

I think my body is doing the same thing. It's like, "Uh, Jamie?! Uh, this food thing?! Can we talk about it? No? Well, fine then, suffer the GI consequences!"

So basically whether or not I eat, my stomach makes certain I only absorb about twenty percent of it.

Lovely.



No comments: