Tuesday, February 13, 2007

wild strawberries

Did any one else know that film director Ingmar Bergman was married five times, and had nine "recognized" or "acknowledged" children?

This makes me wonder about other, obscure Bergman progeny (would it be impolite to call them Bergman bastards?) floating around out there, but I digress.

My job lately has sucked ass. A lot of medical interventions smacking of, "Suddenly, nothing happened!" to quote Colin Hayes' tongue-in-cheek folksy, soulful piece, "Waiting for My Real Life to Begin." Just a lot of evil care, ranging from dastardly doltishness, eg of the Colonel Klink variety, to downright menacing madness, eg of the Colonel Kurtz variety ("The horror. The horror.")

The good news is Other Things in my life haven't sucked ass, and have actually been extremely pleasant and happy. Like this weekend, Someone gave me a big bouquet of flowers and freshly picked strawberries, apparently Just Because. And Someone walked Piper on a dog-friendly beach, apparently also Just Because.

Really, I couldn't ask for a nicer Someone, or a nicer weekend.




1 comment:

Zwieblein said...

I would also be interested to know the same information regarding Max von Sydow. Any leads?