Sunday, February 18, 2007

burnt by the sun

So. I was offered, tenatively, a job at Dream Hospital in Virginia, starting in April. CCU (coronary care unit) internship, which means more to learn, and more professional juju.

On the other hand, I was also offered a 41/hr travel job, but it's nights, and I don't know if I can do nights again. And I don't know if I want to gamble with a travel assignment that might end up as crappy as this one.

And, I'm really burnt out on nursing right now. So burnt out, I'm thinking of becoming a Cracker Barrel waitress (it's a service industry job without the unstable, coding people!) or a beer tub girl.

My fantasy job would be to blog for a living, and knit blankets for homeless orphans. And torture useless CEOs by making them lick the hospital floors in penance for screwing over their nurses so richly.

Maybe something good will happen, like the Magic Fairy Job Angels will grant me three wishes, and I'll be able to make money napping, or browsing the internet for more beer tub girl craigslist ads.

No comments: