Tuesday, September 04, 2007

oh, the decisions.

Or, "In Which Jamie Waffles On Again About Her Boring Life."

I am not complaining about my job. The people are great, the work is usually not too bad, and the doctors are some of the easiest I've ever worked with, on the whole.

In fact, as stepdown jobs go, this is as cushy as it's ever gonna get.

So, it's a hard to face the fact that stepdown is starting to bore the hell out of me.

My Inner Geek wants to know more.

Unfortuantely, my Outer Geek is getting tuckered out.

And, my Inner Geek is so f-ing indecisive, it's a wonder I get out of bed in the morning.

My Inner Geek, truth be known, is also a huge job-commitment wuss. It doesn't like the idea of committing to twelve hour shifts as staff, at a job that might just be its complete undoing.

In fact, I would go so far as to say My Inner Geek is doing a very good job of balking at labor negotiations with my Outer Geek, the part of me that actually has to get off my ass and start figuring out the logistics of all this crap.

Oh Inner Geek, you were such a font of knowledge back in the day, when equivocal responses to professor's essay questions got you out of more tight spots than you can remember! How you curse and taunt me now, oh turn-coat Inner Geek!

Sigh.

No comments: