Thursday, September 06, 2007

three questions

If you've wondered where I've gone... well, predictably, it's not far.

I've been spending a great deal of time this week thinking about these questions:

What can I know? What ought I to do? What may I hope?

(For all you Kant geeks out there, you'll recognize those questions as part of his treatise on the categorical imperative.)

So far, these are my answers:

What can I know?

Uh, not a whole lot, apparently.

What ought I to do?

No clue.

What may I hope?

Ditto above answer.

Today is one of those "I don't feel comfortable in my own skin" kinds of days. The kind of day I wish I were my dog, who doesn't have philosophical plights to ponder, or have to get off his ass and pack his own lunch.

Oh, the mundane banality of it all!


No comments: