Monday, January 14, 2008

damn it feels good to be a gangsta'

I'm listening to some distinctly un-gangsta'ish American rock 'n roll right now, but I got all inspired by The Geto Boys earlier, who made some timeless remarks about the U.S. political system (you tube link here) in verse four of Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta (1996)* (full lyrics here).

So voters of the world keep supportin' me

And I promise to take you very far
Other leaders better not upset me
Or I'll send a million troops to die at war
To all you Republicans, that helped me win
I sincerely like to thank you
Cuz now I got the world swingin' from my nuts
And damn it feels good to be a gangsta

If you still can't get enough of the 1990s rap scene nostalgia, try wasting a few brain cells on this site, which will christen you with your very own gansta name.

Fat Ugly Goat Smuggla out, suckas and thugs!

*Remember this gem from the Mike Judge's 1999 film, Office Space? Of course you do!




No comments: