Tuesday, January 22, 2008

suburbia, ho!

So, we've moved to the Little House On the Hill (pictures forthcoming, when it's not so bloody cold out, and I get off my arse and put batteries in my camera). We have a partial view of Lake Washington (a pretty cobalt color when the sun is shining; slate grey when--as if often the case--it rains) and, on a clear day, we can see the downtown skyline to the northwest, and the snow capped mighty Cascades to the northeast. Lurvely.

Piper now has a back and a front yard, which he surveys self-importantly--and rather less impressively with his diminutive stature--despite the inclement weather, and lately, the frosty chill in the air (the trade off is sunshine, the lack of which was driving me to Seasonal Affective Disorder Overdrive. I was seriously considering buying those light boxes for insane prices. Yes, really.)

Piper even has his own room (largely because we have very little in the way of furniture yet, and the den will probably last on the list of Rooms in Which To Put Stuff). So, what he really has is fleecy blankets piled strategically near a heat vent (donated generously by David, who has since graduated to Jamie's Handknit Crap.)

As for lack of substantive or interesting blog posts as of late--forgive me. I'm aware nothing I say on here has any universal meaning or indeed, even entertains the 2-3 devoted readers who do take the time to look up the site. Furthermore, the quality of said posts has sort of mimicked the Dow Jones/financial state of the market at present (stories of Germans cashing out worthless retirement savings to buy a loaf of bread in a post-War Weimar Republic now sound like chilling echoes of history beginning to repeat itself.)

I can't think of a reason why this should be (the brain melt/crappy posts that is, not the financial state of the world market). My brain is not so much frozen as much as I suspect it has melted into goo over months of subpar intellectual stimulation. I'm a bit worried as I'll have to recover some semblance of study skills for ICU consortium (I love they use a fancy Latin word for "lots of crappy classes in which we teach you stuff that's guaranteed to leak right out your ear the minute a real-life medical crisis asserts itself"; I love Latin in part because makes the mundane and trivial sound so official and regal.)

I'm also worried because New Job at New Hospital is starting soon, and I'm realizing, with rising panic my God, there's a 5:30a.m., and people actually get up at this hour! Seems like a cruel, however usual, punishment for the work-a-day world.

Must not think about New Job.

Must think about something interesting and noteworthy that is not boring. (This crap definitely isn't it).

Stay tuned.






2 comments:

mam said...

Love the site no matter what you write about. Who's "we"? Congrats on your new place!
mmr

Ziggy said...

Thanks, mmr! Congrats on you NPR broadcast--verily I say unto thee: "Impressive as all get-out." Back to mundane world, myself.