Sunday, November 11, 2007

blanket statement

It's been All Blankets, All the TIme Around here. Behold: Christmas Blanket 2007 (Christmas Blanket 2006 met an unfortunate fate in mom's washer, and has been demoted to the lowly status of Erstwhile, Would-Be Potholder 2007).

And, below, my take on a Gee's Bend Quilt.

This blanket was a birthday present for David, although Piper claimed it several times during its inception and completion:

David has brought up the suggestion that I knit a blanket for Piper, so he doesn't have to look all pathetic and sleep on the back of the couch, blanketless, in this pathetic manner:

I'm convinced PIper should be spokesdog for those charity commercials: Save the Endangered Couch Dwelling Dog. I mean, look at the pathos in that pose!

5 comments:

Zwieblein said...

Nice blankets! Maybe I'll get back to work on my scarf now-- and do so while sitting in some useless panel at AAR.

Ziggy said...

Are you gonna see PJ at AAR? How about Burt, Dave, Josh et al.? *Where* is the AAR being held this year? Can I crash the "party"? Anything to get away from wiping ass, I guess.

Zwieblein said...

Heh heh-- V-b reception's on Saturday, so I'm wondering who'll surprise me with his/her presence at the shindig. The whole thing's going down in San Diego, a fact I'm not pleased about, but whatever. Drive on down-- we could have some definite Jedi mind trick fun-- especially (keep your fingers crossed) if I pass my defense that afternoon!

Ziggy said...

Oh wow! Defense! (Or "defence" if you wish to be snotty and use the British spelling). When's that gonna happen? Good luck! How's the dissertation writing going, actually? Can't believe you're nearly done!

Zwieblein said...

Nah, it's just the proposal defence-- and since I can't start writing until that's passed, I haven't been doing crap. I mean, I guess I could've been researching, but why do it if they're gonna have you change focus anyway? It's Sat. at three- probably in a crowded hallway, which somehow makes me feel better about the whole thing- more my style, in some way.