Monday, November 26, 2007

holiday! celebrate!

I'm on holiday from work for the next week, and headed to Florida.

I have a fun red-eye flight ahead of me, and am actually sitting here in the SeaTac Airport, typing this oh-so-interesting entry.

In work-related news: I have another job offer. When it rains, it pours, people.

This job offer is in a combined Burn and Pediatric ICU. Pros: I think wounds are interesting. (I can also talk, while eating, about digitally disimpacting feces and other people's vomitus without batting an eyelash or turning my own stomach. What I can't do is ride in a car without feeling nauseous and needing Dramamine. I am cursed, I tell you.) Cons: Burns are painful and disfiguring enough-- taking care of burned and traumatized children strikes me, on the whole, as much, much worse than taking care of burned and traumatized adults.

And while I think of intubated, sedated adults with complex medical and surgical problems as interesting nursing, I think of intubated, sedated children as completely sad and tragic.

No more work. Must think of sunshine and beaches and mostly no work.






No comments: