Monday, June 09, 2008

bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

For the record: it is JUNE and I am wearing a wool sweater and double knit wool cap.

I am also just on the other side of being rather sick (eg getting better) and still a bit fuzzy headed. I still sound convincingly sick. All I want to do is curl up and rest, but I do feel better than even a couple of days ago.

It is grey and damp and chilly. I wouldn't be surprised if the suicide rate spiked in Seattle this month.

Reminds me of JK Rowling's Dementors flying around in London circa Harry Potter book #6, producing all that unnatural mist and cold in July.

Oh God. Please don't let this weather wind on into July.

1 comment:

Zwieblein said...

I'll totally trade you weather systems. At least over there, sickness isn't due to rapid and extreme temperature changes as one enters and exits buildings. T.S. Eliot's visions of the end seem to be getting closer, methinks.