Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bunny Tales

This morning I witnessed something quite droll.

I let my lop-eared rabbit, Flip-flop, out of her cage for a morning cavort as I had to clean the house.

In what I imagine is a faintly ironic twist of inter-species sibling rivalry, the first thing she does when freed from her cage is to run over and nose into the dog bowls, because maybe he's got something she doesn't, like tap water(!), or dog food, which she has been known to munch on contentedly until I figure out it's the rabbit eating the dog food and hoist the bowl up and out of reach.

Sure enough, ignoring the perfectly okay tap water in her space age vacuum water bottle, she hopped over to a freshly poured bowl of delectable dog water, butted the dog out of the way and started to drink.

And drink and drink and drink (mostly I think to piss off the dog, who was standing there waiting for her to finish.)

Meanwhile, the dog was giving me a puzzled, "Help me!" look, and started whining piteously (confrontation is apparently not his strong suit, even when dealing with a prey species).

I have photographic proof of this late and great Bunny Tale but alas, no way to upload it onto the blogger.

No comments: