Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Kerplunk and Kerplooey.

So today was my official veg-out day. Yesterday being a clusterf---k of a day at work (and my last of three-in-a-row twelves), I didn't have a lot of energy today to go out into the meltingly hot summer weather and join the rest of the greater NoVA population in chewing up the ozone in my gas-guzzling vehicle.

I also had a sinus headache when I woke up and felt very put-upon about having to clean the house when i just did it last week, man! I nonetheless spurred myself into action and have achieved a tidy living space as a result.

I like to think of myself as being a crepuscular creature; rising at dawn to forage for food and clean out the old warren, then sleeping in said warren for the rest of the hot, crappy day, and coming out again only at dusk to forage for more food.

Since I've been getting in touch with my inner- Victorian age recluse today, I really haven't much of an update, except a Handy Life Tip: grooming the family dog's fur aided and abetted only with a small child-size craft scissors is a thankless job, indeed.

No comments: