Friday, September 01, 2006

G.I. (bleed) Jane (Jamie)

Oooow! It burns!

So I've (once again) self diagnosed myself with a peptic ulcer secondary to overzealous NSAID use in an attempt to keep my back pain at bay these last two weeks.

Now I'm left with epigastric pain which increases after eating and doesn't respond to "the pink stuff" which I've been guzzling.

I'm hungry, I'm hunched over in pain, and I have to go to work tomorrow. I feel like arse!!

I'm sooooo not going through a barium swallow (or worse yet, endoscopy!) to prove my theory, and there's really nothing to be done except start taking H-2 blockers and keep drinking Pepto and hope I haven't burned a hole in my stomach in the meantime. Because peritonitis = bad. GI bleed = bad.

Poor me.

Off to tempt fate with some food, even as I clutch my stomach and grimace.

No comments: