Thursday, August 31, 2006

I should be doing stuff.

Worked yesterday, came home TIRED as per usual.

Same psycho husband that refused to pick up his wife the day before (despite having the time to "visit" her that same day) made an ugly scene at the nurses station about my discharge instructions. Mind you, this was a sample of the discharge instructions prior to his complaint:

JAMIE:
[doing her friendly little teaching spiel]
So the visiting nurse will call tomorrow morning before she comes.

Husband:
[hostile]
Well, she has a cardiologist appointment tomorrow. What are we supposed to do about that?!

JAMIE:
[caught off guard]
Umm... I guess I'm going to have to leave it to your good judgment to make arrangements as you see fit.

Husband:
[ignoring my reply, now raising voice even more]
WE HAVE A CARDIOLOGIST APPOINTMENT TOMORROW.

JAMIE:
[silently wishing she had a less stressful job, like air traffic controller or double agent]

It was as if were speaking English, and he were speaking English, and yet one of us was being so incomprehensibly rude as to make it seem as if a puppet show might have been more effective teaching. Or maybe not, since the husband in his misdirected hostility would have probably ended up attacking and mutilating the poor puppets.

Any way, charge nurse/rest of nursing staff had a good laugh about him after he left, because everyone knew how ridiculous he was being (as opposed to the hellhole managerial style at my old hospital, where I would have probably been forced to go home with the psycho couple and manage their life in order to satisfy the ridiculous "customer service" initiative.)

Meanwhile, I feel like my days off are spent endlessly cleaning the house (which mysteriously seems to go to hell on my days off), doing laundry and running errands. I inadvertantly slept in until 1000 this a.m., and now can't be bothered to go anywhere. I'm tuckered out. Maybe later on tonight I"ll get my second wind.


No comments: