Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot Town, Summer in the City

This heat wave has got to stop... umm... waving quite so much.

And heating, for that matter.

I mean, what gives?! It was 91 degrees Farenheight at 12:01p.m. today, and got all the way up to 101 F today. That's just wrong this far north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Luckily, lazy people like myself aren't to be bothered with the out-of-doors at its most hellaciously infero-esque. I kept my errands at a priority minimum this a.m.: get my PPD (my agency has been very, uh... vigiliant about reminding me it's due now! the sky is falling! the sky is falling!) and buy some groceries at Trader Joe's. One of my friends at work turned me on to Trader Joe's Garlic Naan bread and well, I had to have some. That, and New York Style Cheesecake. I was appalled to find out that a quarter of the cake = 420 calories, all of which, no doubt, derive from fat, because what is a cheese cake if not blubber calories.

Fortunately for me, a quarter of a cheesecake is a simply an unthinkably large portion, and I contented myself with a 1/32 slice of cake.

Meanwhile, I've sunk to a new low in slothfulness and taken to buying hay for the rabbit on ebay. In order to offset the can't-get-off-my-ass-in-this-heat factor, I've decided buying on ebay is cheaper, even with shipping. Also, there's something particularily postmodern about buying farm-fresh hay off the internet, but I digress...

Also, for the record, I've noticed a general overall decline in the quality of my blog. It's not nearly as funny as before (not that lamenting about how my former place of employment kept killing its clientele is all that amusing, but it at least gave me something to whine at length about) and it's... well, pictureless. Which isn't a bad trait, necessarily, but pictures do jazz things up a bit when the Interesting Stuff goes mysteriously missing.

Apologies all around. If you've been with me this long, you're likely to have realized many moons ago that my life is rather dull and not worth blogging about, really. You read my blog to humor me, and probably, subconsciously, to make yourself feel better about your life because geez, at least it doesn't suck like Jamie's, poor thing.

I also regret to inform my readers that my digital camera has bitten the dust and has past the point of any kind of troubleshooting options available to me, the technologically retarded. (Said troubleshooting options comprise of all of two: one, turn the device off and then back on again and hope for the best, and two, buy a new one. In my present incarnation as America's Model Child for the Working Poor, option two is more of a fantasy as opposed to a real alternative, so you do the math as to why there haven't been any pictures on this blog yet).

Back to knitting an endless array of baby blankets for unspecified Pregnant People that seem to all decide to have their babies wherever I see fit to become gainfully employeed...




No comments: