Saturday, March 17, 2007

for the love of dog

I realize I'm not an Average Jane type of girl.

For one, you know the way some women get over their wedding day, and their wedding dress, and all that crap?

Well, I could care less about that shit. Really. I think it's an expensive waste of money, and cheered when Sandra Oh's character told her t.v. fiance that she didn't care about "all that crap."

On the other hand, I get absolutely bat-shit crazy crackers starry-eyed when somebody starts talking about university graduation, or academic regalia, and whether or not they own it. I get totally jealous of people's academic degrees and how many they have.

Graduating (again and again and again) has been One of the Best Days of My Life. If I was going to die tomorrow, and someone wanted to know what day was the happiest of my life, I'd probably say graduating from divinity school.

Also, I realized today when I went into a pet store, that a) what diamond ring shopping is to some women, pet window shopping is to me and b) what babies are to some women, puppies are to me.

There's this little Piper dog in one of the pet stores across the street, and it's a good thing I'm Not Totally Stupid, because if I didn't already have a dog, I'd now have a puppy.

And, I'd probably have two squirrely little puppies, because Little Piper Dog's cagemate appears totally bonded, and vice versa, and how can you buy one and leave the other poor thing behind? (Piper was in his cage by himself when I first saw him. And totally goofy looking, but it was dog love at first sight!)

I don't really understand when people talk about wanting to raise big families with lots of kids all under the age of five, but I totally get the crazy pet people who keep adopting homeless strays. Because if I didn't travel, I'd totally be one of those crazy pet people.

Oh wait, I am already.




No comments: