Wednesday, August 08, 2007

sink or swim.


I didn't realize Piper would fit in my kitchen sink until today, but, as you can see by the above picture--he does!

So, he got a sink bath today, because he was smelling a little dodgy, plus, he had some unindentifiable pink goo stuck to his right ear. Mysterious little monkey, I have no idea where he picked up that crap, but, it's been washed away now, and good riddance.

Meanwhile, there's some really bad band playing outside, and I wish they'd stop, because one day of this crap is bad enough, and I want to take a nap before work tonight.

I'm kind of hyperventilating already about work, because it's been a rough few weeks, and I'm facing two back-to-back twelve hour shifts, which every one knows by now is the least favorite of all the varieties out there.

Any way, the ideal situation would be winning the lottery, and not having to work at all, as David, having bought a ticket himself, pointed out last night.

I said I wasn't sure what the hell I'd do if I won the lottery, but I certainly wouldn't work.

David knew instantly, though: "You'd go to school for the rest of your life."

Oh yeah. (Smacks forehead with copy of gratuitously purchased and curiously cinder block-likeThe ICU Book.)

I would.

Or, maybe I'd just stay home, giving my critters sink baths, and making tea with toast and jam, whilst writing angry missives to editorial sections of newspapers. That's kind of how school felt towards the end--lots of silly esoteric tasks, and no real learning or point.

And, ironically enough, that's currently how work feels, except the point is to make about five bucks a week, while the rest goes to funding pointless wars, and not fixing our transit systems, like major bridges, and stuff like that.

No comments: