Thursday, February 07, 2008

not smelling like a stanky ass bitch is the best thing about orientation

The best thing about general hospital orientation is that, unlike a day spent on a hospital unit, I come home and I don't smell like ass.

(What I'm saying is that I've realized that "not smelling like ass" would be the nice about an office job, or at least a job in which wiping puddles of poo off the floor wasn't a regular gig). And, for what it's worth, if such a survey for nurses were out there, I'm pretty sure more nurses would choose "Not smelling like ass" than "Getting the respect we deserve" as a reason to switch to say, semi-pro female mud wrestling.)

In addition, I've noticed that when I come home after a day not being a nurse, I'm not all that tired, and I don't feel the need to commit suicide or homicide, nor do I feel the need to remove the top two layers of my skin in order to rid myself of nasty microbes and (literal) shit, all of which are regular, standard-feature parts of my usual post-shift experience.

And did I mention, I don't come home smelling like ass?

No comments: