Sunday, January 21, 2007

bermuda triangle

I've always wondered about love triangles, and if it's really proper--mathematically--to discuss them in terms of one or two dimensions only.

Why does it have to be expressed in Euclidean terms at all?

What if it's really calculus-based, and it's really a differential equation? Or an integral? Or topologic?

I wish I was a mathematician sometimes, because I know nothing about math, and am horrible at it, and that makes me said in a way, because I am illiterate of such a complex multitude of languages that could perhaps help me understand life a little better. Or think about it differently, instead of staring at the sun, and wondering.



1 comment:

cL said...

Very true. How can we only express love triangles as...well, triangles? It could be quadratic equations. It could be cubic. And if it was triangles, could we solve it with cosine?

I wish I was a mathematician too. Just for this year and next year, as they're the only two years I have math. After that, I can be liberated from the wrath of mathematics.

Oh, and stop staring at the sun. While staring at computers is bad, the sun is even worse. But if you must, I suggest you stare at lightbulbs. The lack of UV rays makes that activity so much healthier.