Tuesday, January 30, 2007

time has come.

Today, at work, while doing my usual 'pre-home antimicrobial scrub down of all applicable personal affects,' my favorite watch band clasp broke.

This, I believe, is symbolic for other things that have recently broken, including the relationship that provided the occasion for the watch-giving. Coincidentally, it was a Valentine's Day gift from last year, and not only did it bring into relief the rich, ironic leitmotif which is the counterpoint to the cacophony that is my life--it also just made me sad because, Hey, I really liked that watch! And now, I don't have a watch that works, and this isn't a great strategy for someone whose night shift work disorder is gradually encroaching on every aspect of her life to the point where she's becoming just as disoriented to time as her geriatric patients.


No comments: