Thursday, January 25, 2007

good thing, where have you gone?

So, I interviewed for another travel position, on an open heart stepdown unit, which I hope isn't a fake open heart stepdown unit, like my current unit is a fake acute/progressive cardiac floor.

Well, scratch that; I've watched lots of patients acutely progress from bad to worse to dead. I can't wait to go somewhere else, frankly, because I'm getting burnt out on the suffering and indifference-to-suffering I've seen lately at my job.

The New Job doesn't pay as well, and I'm taking a substantial pay cut to sign a contract there, but sometimes, money really isn't everything. Sometimes, feeling good about your job is a nice thing--and I haven't felt that way since I started back on medical fake cardiac telemetry. It makes me remember why I quit my first fake cardiac tele job.

Besides, working with nights is making me more of a sleep-deprived wench than ever; I worked three twelve hour shifts in a row, and only got four hours of sleep the day before each shift. I have decided, ergo, that if evolution had designed homo sapiens to be nocturnal, we'd all be super heroes like Batman, with the nifty crime-fighting weapons. And a Bat Cave! And a Bat Car!

Dude, I'm not doing night shift again unless I can have nifty crime-fighting weapons.

Scratch that, just give me Wayne Manor.





No comments: