Wednesday, January 31, 2007

i hate everyone.

To put you in the appropriate mood for this post, I suggest you listen to the band Get Set Go's single, "I hate everyone,":

All the people on the street, I hate you all

And the people that I meet, I hate you all
And the people that I know, I hate you all
And the people that I don't, I hate you all
Oh, I hate you all

And Rilo Kiley's Lyrics from "Portions For Foxes":

'Cause you're just damage control
for a walking corpse like me - like you

That's how being a nurse at Hell Hospital feels. Damage control. And poor damage control at that.

And it also feels exactly like The Roots sing it:

Somebody's gotta be there when it gets ugly

Somebody's gotta be there when it gets bloody
Somebody's gotta get their hands dirty
Yo, it's a fucked up job but somebody's gotta do it
Somebody's gotta come up with a plan
And be there when the shit hits the fan
I hope ya'll out there understand
Look man it's a fucked up job, but somebody's gotta do it

Yeah, it's a fucked up job, alright: this is work, niggas.

No comments: