Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Would the real blogger please stand up?

What's that old saying... those that can, do, those that can't, teach?

I never got that saying, but it's wrong. For one, those that "can't" check their blog links, not teach.

At least, I do, when I "can't" do other stuff. Or won't. Or don't want to. However that works.

I realized I'd screwed up the link to my friend Katy's blog, so that when you clicked on her blog link, what you got was this. Which, no offense or harm meant to the author--who incidentally isn't named Katy, but does share her current state of residence as well as blog title, if not URL--is clearly ersatz blog. Or at least, not Katy's.

Mea culpa, for the false advertising. May I be stocked and pilloried (don't worry, I'm looking for another nursing job, and I'm pretty sure "stocking and pillioring" comes standard as an unadvertised "benefit" of the job, like vacation you can only get if the planets align in a cetrain fashion on the eve of some Celtic holiday no one's heard about and you have superhuman power and never succumb to illness once in fifty years).

So now I saw, go forth and click on the real, genuine article and learn more about my fabulous friend, who is incidentally, baking vegan pumpkin muffins. Or bread. Or something, because it's Halloween here in the U.S.

Meanwhile, I will try to ignore the ominous right sided twinge which last time spelled "hospitalization," and to some degree, and probably less successfully, ignore the dog, who has made it plain since yesterday that, "Your place sucks, man. I want to go where there's something cool to do."

Good tidings to everyone, and if bets are being placed on how long it takes me to wind up in the hospital with peritonitis, let me know, because it might be kind of fun to be the subject of a cash pot.

1 comment:

Zwieblein said...

Whoa. I've got a weird evil twin out there. But wait-- she appears to be a cartoon figure, so I'm not sure if species crossover will allow for twinship. Hmm.