Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I see dapper people.

I'm beginning to think I might need some better drugs, because every time I go to Pike Place Market, I see this guy:



Okay, so maybe he's just some lonely old guy who likes to dress up in the same damn thing every day, walk down to Pike's Place Market, and watch Politik Guy Unveil The New Street Signs, or hear Cat Guy's Spiel.

Or, maybe he's a ghost, like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 4... wait... I mean,The Sixth Sense.

And maybe only I can see him, because I don't know that I've ever seen him interact with any one else, he just stands there, with his cane, looking dapper and spiffy.

He did talk to me once ("You have a cute dog there!") but then, Bruce Willis talked to live people, in Die Hard 4... I mean, The Sixth Sense, too!

Oh my God!

Maybe he's God!

Or The Grim Reaper!

Or, he could just be Old Guy in the White Suit.




2 comments:

Zwieblein said...

Or you could be in an episode of "Twin Peaks," and Dapper Dan will start dancing in a space that has suddenly become closed-in, with red velvet curtains and checkered floors. Hmm...

Ziggy said...

It's true, that's exactly how I feel (or something like it, any way) when I start wandering around Pike's Place, and Dapper Dan shows up, cane and all, presiding over the latest bruh-hah-hah.