Sunday, July 15, 2007

noli me tangere

Sometimes work is a sucky bastard.

Like, tomorrow is my fourth day on, and the entire past week and a half, we've had a patient on our floor that yells and screams constantly.

It goes something like this:

PATIENT:
AHHHHHHHHHHH! OOOOOOOOOH! UHHHHHHHHHH! Heeeeeeeelp me! EEEEEEEEEEEE! I want to go home! WSSSSSSSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! HEEEEEELP! SOMEONE!
[repeat times 1 billion]


It's pretty much like Dante's Inferno around work, with literally crazy--and cocaineaddicted--people wandering aimlessly around the hallway like lost souls, or stuck in bed, unable to move because they broke their neck or have huge ass wounds in which you could stick your entire fist.

I'm all burnt out, and can't wait until tomorrow is over, so I can work on preventing my own future psych-hospitalization breakdown.


No comments: