Wednesday, July 18, 2007

shuck and jive

I've been miserably tired lately. I'm basically working 8 days of 9 (four on, one off, four back on!) and feel like I should just sleep in an on call room, for all this worth.

I'm barely managing to do the old "shuck and jive" (as Amy calls it) at work.

Last night, I was gowned and gloved up in a contact precaution room, doing nursing stuff with a patient who was so sick he couldn't do anything for himself, when another one of patients had an unexpected emergency, you know, the kind where they stop breathing and all, which then required lots of rushing around and so forth. The patient turned out okay, but it's like, dude, that's sooooo not cool.

I've got three more shifts this week before a weekend off, and all I can think of today is my new mantra: "Shuck and jive. Shuck and jive."





No comments: