Friday, June 23, 2006

Calm Blue Ocean. Calm Blue Ocean.

I must think good thoughts. I must think good thoughts.

Okay, so I will think mutinous thoughts, and curse and smite thee, mine insidious and unworthy opponents.

Incidentally, one of my favorite Psalms is 109, in the Latin Vulgate. Because I'm a huge geek, I enjoy muttering this maliciously under my breath when cursing someone (I learned this by heart long before ever taking Latin in undergrad, again, because no one has figured out how to save me from my general intellectual uselessness to the world):

Dixit Dominus Domine meo:
sede a dextris meis
donec ponam inimicos tuos
scabellum pedum tuorum.

The Lord said to my Lord:
sit at my right hand
and make the heads of thine enemies
thy footstool.


Now, at the risk of alienating more pious readers from my blog (the readership of which is at what, a staggering four now?!) I just have to say that my friends, was a time when God was God, all kicking arse and taking names. None of this namby-pamby turn-the-other-cheek-pansy-assed-kumbya-New Age-Christian shit, just shut up, sit down, and hold on to your butt woe-unto-thee whup ass. That was God in his Homie Don't Take That Shit, Niggas shining incarnation!

Which makes me lament all the more: Dude, why can't our modern day God be more vengeful and choose sides (namely, mine)? He was like that before.

Stupid garbage ass-ho Christianity, fucking up all the good bits of having Yahweh on your side.



No comments: