Friday, June 30, 2006

Saturday Sun

I feel lazy and vaguely put-off by the thought of having to go to work tomorrow.

I usually don't feel like, "Yipee! Work!" but tonight I'm really wishing I could just call in sick tomorrow. But I won't, because I don't have a valid reason to, other than I've had a bad headache for most of the evening, and I just don't feel like being a nurse tomorrow. It's really impossible to have a lazy day at work when your job entails taking care of sick people. And did I ever mention how demanding sick people can be? I'm not complaining, but as I was buying some hummus as Trader Joe's today I was wishing I could job-share with someone with less responsibility, like a grocery store clerk, or a graduate student.

Hey, why don't I ring up potato salad and Oscar Meyer hotdogs or write a paper on the Dead Sea Scrolls, and you go hang two units of blood on that hypotensive, crappy 'crit guy, plus fluid bolus him later on because his pressure still isn't holding, plus start him on a Cardizem drip because his heart decided to go into rapid afib just for the hell of it.

I'll be fine once I get to work, but eck. I don't want to! Just feel like being lazy tomorrow, and possibly finding out where they're hiding their Indian restaurants around here...

No comments: