Sunday, December 03, 2006

Best Little Hellhouse in Florida

So, after surviving with the Car Trip From Hell (including exclusive episode of the phenomenon known in certain circles as canem vomitus in automobilus, I had to also deal with this in my supposedly luxury apartment:

(Which incidentally happens to be the bottom of a kitchen cabinet with a distinctly Section 8 housing look to it, not the type of cabinet you'd think would be found in a unit with internet access and a nice gym in the clubhouse down the street, in case you though you're were actually looking at a Rorchach, which I did at first.)

And this:


And this!:
Luckily, I had this: (Read closely, it says EMERGENCY ALARM, and it's wired ino the bedroom wall of the place):


I got to the place around 3 and by 6 p.m. was like:


Now I and look like this:

I checked into a Marriott studio hotel and start work tomorrow, so it should be fun to go around howling and smashing dog sleds. Plus, if you press my right foot, I sing like Burl Ives and give a realistic canned roar before I eat you steak tartar style with chutney relish--just like the good old Bumble himself would, I imagine.

And all for the low, low Walmart price of $9.24.

2 comments:

Loz said...

I am confused. Rudolph has a friend...who is a yeti? At the North Pole? Do these people know NOTHING of geography?

Ziggy said...

I don't think the snowman has a name, exactly. It turns out he's unfriendly because he has a toothache. Rudolf's friend is the elf-dentist, Robbie (?) and *his* friend Yukon Cornelius, who is searching for gold (I know, wrong geographical area too). This is the American movie still-motion version; it's a classic! There's an Island of Lost Toys near the North Pole, too, just in case they don't mention this curious just in case they don' mention it in non U.S schooling.