Sunday, December 10, 2006

freaks and geeks

So I do this thing now, which is totally annoying, and scary, which is that every time I have to do something new or whatever (like, say, start a new job) I completely wig out.

I get all tachycardic and nervous and shaky, and run my limbic system so ragged we might as well go for bust and try running for office.

I still have 3.5 hours to go before my first shift at New Hospital, and I'm Freaking Out. This kind of flight-or-fight response is bad for patient care, because when given the choice, my body wants to flee.

Also, it's very exhausting. I used to get this way before exams, but it was much more pleasant, because exams you could prepare for. And I liked exams, in general. Except math exams. Those stunk.

Maybe I'll try to take a nap, and think up something funny to blog about, because blogging about one's own anxiety attack is not very funny.

No comments: