Sunday, December 10, 2006

Old Yeller

So, my dog now upchucks randomly when in the car.

I find this out after spending ninety bucks to detail the car, so he can barf again all over the recently cleaned and shampooed seats.

Some day, I'm going to find out I was supposed to have a Good Life, but someone misfiled my dharma/karma/samsara requisition and I got stuck with this one instead, where the gods routinely mock me or worse yet, just don't seem to give a flying flip.

I feel sorry for the dog. He's never been motion-sick before. Maybe it's just old age, or the car smelled like detailing chemicals. You know, from the ninety dollar clean up effort which I liken to that of the Exxon Valdez, because if you check out those cheesy Dawn liquid detergent commercials, they make it look like all that's involved in cleaning up the environment after an enormous oil rig spill is a couple drops of dish cleaner.

Maybe my dog, like me, is just getting old, and can't handle stuff like he used to.

I tried to go running today and found out I've got the lung capacity of a 79 year old COPDer who still smokes through her trach stoma.

Swell.


No comments: