Friday, May 18, 2007

field of Piper


Piper and I stopped off at 1880 Town--which doesn't appear to have an actual population--somewhere in South Dakota, which was contained behind a tiny Shell gas station, in front of which five old men stood and talked about Agricultural Things Jamie Knows Nothing About. (Okay, so I lied; those men up the population of 1880 Town to five).

When I automatically locked my car doors after getting out of my car, one of the old men saw this City Slicker for what she really was and said, kindly, "Why you locking your doors? Ain't nobody out here gonna take nothing."

So off Piper and I went behind the gas station, where Piper kindly modeled for me
in a field of dandelions:


And in front of this Dances With Wolves sign:

Then I took a picture of this little train diner:


And then Piper jumped up in this wheelbarrow and looked straight at the camera with a winsome look of pathos. (Second lie of the day: I forced him up on the wheelbarrow, bad Overbearing-Push-My-Dog-Into-Stardom Mom that I am).

And thus concluded our The Next Canine Super Model Photo Shoot of the Day.

Or so we thought...

P.S. To mmr: You're a blogger genius! You've saved me from BDS, or Blogger Despair Syndrome. Your suggestions worked! The blogging experience is now heightened to a new level for me. My blog will never be the same... sniff. I'm teary eyed in joy and appreciation.

And, I'm impressed with your diligence and research on the coin/bead issue. I seriously thought those were rubber-bands, as I didn't notice them when I took the picture. Wow. Impressive. I hereby give you an honorary Blogger Techie and Research PhD.

To amy: Mrs. W. should enjoy these pictures.

To David: No, the dog isn't really being entered in a beauty pagent. Yes, I did let him roam around off the leash.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mrs. W. enjoyed the pictures. She is Piper's newest fan. She also says to tell you that she is very relieved that you made it to Seattle safe and sound. She said "Tell her she had another mother worrying about her."