Tuesday, May 15, 2007

missouri: the "why show me" state

I started out this morning at 3 a.m. from Fort Campbell, KY and fifteen amazing, fun-filled hours (of Missouri! and more Missouri! and gasp! still more Missouri), am in Sioux-Spin-Off City, SD.

Using what I call Special Math, I calculated the distance of todays sojourn. (This secret, passed-down-from-mathematically-genetically-deficient generations of my kin, involves the square root of caffeinated beverages divided by the number of rest-stops required, per hour, plus how many states the dog managed to pee in, among other variables).

The distance? Very A Lot Big.

That's about all I can say at this point, I'm so tired.

Oh, and Katy: there's a state park or something with the name Katy, in some state. Maybe Missouri, since that's the state I spent about 12 friggin' hours traveling across, and up, today. And, Katy in the park name was spelled K-A-T-Y in case you're having trouble remembering how you spell your name.

Amy: There's a town called Craig. I resisted the temptation to spray paint the highway sign so it'd would say "Graig."

To All: If you ever have a town to name, and you can't come up with a single damn thing that makes sense, pick a word. No really, any word will do. This is America, after all! Land of the free and all that! Then, once you pick a word, add the suffix "ia" to it.

Then you, too, can live in a place smack dab in the Northern Hemisphere called Amazonia!

I have to go to bed now. Have to. So that tomorrow, I can stake my claim on a parcel of land and call it Sleepia.

P.S. Somewhere in my travels today, I came across The Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center. If someone wants to research this curious name (or even google it; I'm even too tired for a google search, so you know how tired I am) I would be obliged.

Or maybe, I should just leave it an enigma, like Amazonia, Missouri, or why Premium gas is cheaper than Unleaded Regular here in South Dakota.






4 comments:

mam said...

Maybe one day you'll send out a special message from your travels just for me, your unknown but very loyal Nashville reader.

Re: the Lewis and Clark National Historic Interpretive Center: http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/lewisclark/lcic/
Dedicated to presenting President Jefferson's vision of expansion to the West, located in Great Falls, Montana.

Have a safe drive tomorrow!

NPO said...

Managed by the USDA Forest Service, the 25,000 square-foot building includes the permanent exhibit hall, 158-seat theater, an education room for hands-on curriculum-based activities, and a retail store. The center is handicapped accessible and offers parking for tour buses and recreational vehicles. Only guide dogs for the visually-impaired are allowed in the building, so please leave your pets at home. Several trails offer outdoor recreation opportunities in plants native to the Northern Plains.

Hey Pipper they only allow guide dogs. It's OK enjoy that second queen bed with pillows. Hey Flip Flop, are you jealous?

Ziggy said...

Thank you both for your fantastic research. mmr; I'll be on the lookout for something special just for you! clearskies--I *am* visually impaired (glasses! and poor proprioception as evidenced by the mole-like tendency to run into every stationary object--including walls with an alarming frequency). the point is, I think Piper qualifies as a guide dog! He can guide me to food! Especially if it's on the ground and about 2 days old! (Flipflop reserves comment until further notice).

Zwieblein said...

All I'm saying is Bucksnort, TN. It might be even better if you add the "ia" to it.