Tuesday, May 08, 2007

mission: possible. maybe.

So, I've literally been sleeping and grazing my way through my visit to my parents'.

I can't help it; I'm just so... somnolent all the time. The good news is, I seem to have gotten an appetite back again, and can now eat an entire bowl of chili without severe gastric distress.

Mom is being mom, repacking all my clothing and ironing clothes that don't seem to really need ironing, and packing clothing Very Neatly in clear plastic bags which adds a layer of redundancy to the whole concept of needing a suitcase, somehow.

I'm also getting stern maternal lectures to "gain at least five pounds" because I am clearly "emaciated," although I have yet to pin down exactly what compromises the medical/scientific criteria of this definition.

Meanwhile, I feel thoroughly exhausted. I don't think I've ever been this tired. I don't remember ever needing this much sleep. What's wrong with me?




No comments: