Tuesday, June 26, 2007

forget about it.

I admit I got suckered into watching the syndicated version of The Sopranos last night.

Why, I don't know.

It's actually a very cleverly written show. I mean, that whole dialogue between Tony Soprano and his associate about the difference between Notre Dame and Nostradamus? That's classic.

I'm a chronic late-bloomer with t.v. shows, which reminds me of when I was in highschool. When everybody else was into Beverlyhills 90210, doing drugs, each other, and possibly a couple band instructors (okay, so not at my school, they weren't cute enough by any means) I was like, completely oblivious.

You probably would have had to shot me up with thorazine and haldol to make me watch crap like 90210, even as a teenager, any way. Especially since it always bothered me how damn asymmetrical Shannon Dougherty's eyes are. I mean, I know everybody has asymmetrical facial parts--but I couldn't figure out how an actress with one eye like 1 cm lower than the other eye could actually ever find work in Hollywood.

But maybe this is one of those mysterious cult secrets of Hollywood, like how studios keep writing parts for Nick Nolte, in which all he has to do is show up to the sound stage completely drunk and high on coke, and mumble whatever, and make a movie and a million bucks.


No comments: