Monday, June 18, 2007

whee!

David's first comment when he saw this next sculpture was, "Hey! Do you remember those?!"

I was looking around, in my usual hair-brained, clueless way, and thought, "Huh? What, cars? Buildings? The highway? Boy, does he think I'm that big of a space cadet?"

And then I saw this sculpture:

It took me a couple of seconds to process what it was: a giant replica of one of those wheel erasers with the brush, circa 1985.

Being a Nerd in elementary school meant having a school supply fetish, so yeah, I'm sure I had one in my repetoire at some point in academic year 1985-86 or what have you. And, I'm just as sure the stupid eraser got summarily lost, or broken, or eaten by the family dog.

I don't remember those things working very well, any way. Like, the wheel part really didn't erase very well, and what was the point of having a brush when it takes just as little time and effort to brush the eraser bits away with your hand?

No comments: