Saturday, June 09, 2007

today's adventures

Today, it rained. However, dogs still need to be walked, regardless of the weather.

First, I tried to buy a burrito. But the burrito was more money than I had cash on my person, so we went down the block and picked up a falafel sandwich here:

I haven't had a falafel sandwich in approximately forever. And, it was one of these little to-go kitchens, and the guy didn't care I brought Piper inside. Piper seemed reluctant to come inside, and then stood by the display case of Pepsi looking very pouty.

Then, I gave change to this guy, who I call Harmonica Guy, because he plays the harmonica, natch:

He was a very friendly guy. I've seen him under the walkway a time before. He sings and plays the harmonica really well. Kind of folksy, bluesy. He uses his change cup for percussion back up.

We got into a little conversation. I think he takes the ferry over here, and he has a friend in West Seattle who runs a deli, who is also Korean, which is "why he knows a few words of Korean," (incidentally, probably more than I know).

My mother would probably be horrified that I'm stopping to talk to strangers and giving them my spare change. Stranger Danger and all that.

I guess I've let down my guard a lot since becoming a nurse. I mean, once you take care of murderers and prisoners--both of which I've done, incidentally--not to mention crazy old people, I think you're more like, "What's the worst the guy with the harmonica could do? Throw his harmonica at me, or something?"

No comments: