Saturday, June 30, 2007

the lone pager


Last night, I forgot to turn in my pager. I got as far as the lobby, and realized I still had the damn thing, and I wasn't about to go back.

This afternoon, before I went back to work, I noticed I had two messages on the stupid pager, from night shift (when I was, you know, asleep at home and not at work).

The one I took a picture of says I have a call on line one, at about 3 a.m.

Isn't it comforting to know that when someone at work pages you, they have no idea that you're actually not there, because you've gone home.

This reminds me of a nurse whose patient demanded to know, "So, why do I get a different nurse every shift?!"

Uh. Maybe because we have a home to go to, unlike school teachers, who we all know live in the teacher's lounge and never go home, because that would be Against The Logic of Schoolchildren Everywhere.

No comments: