Saturday, June 09, 2007

piroshky, piroshky!

And this picture is for Katy...

We found Piroshky, Piroshky!


And okay, so I confess we had the sweet, not savory piroshkies, but I did take a picture (of a picture) of the owner, V-L-A-D-I-M-I-R K-O-T-E-L-N-I-K-O-V (unlike people with normal intelligence levels, I have to spell it out loud slowly in order to then pronounce it). Mr., uh, K. apparently has written a book about his most excellent piroshky adventures:

I'll bet its even critically acclaimed, and climbing its way up the New York Times Bestseller list!

Well, maybe not. But, I like the picture. Vladimir seems to be saying, "I'm signing this book for you, my friend. Now quit taking my picture before I throw my day old piroshkies at your camera."

1 comment:

Zwieblein said...

Ah, I long for those lovely delicacies (and the restrictions that a vegetarian diet places on the consumption of a smoked salmon & cream cheese piroshky)! Sigh. Still-- I may just check out the book. How could I not?